Did you know March was actually the first month of the year until possibly around 150 BC?
Speaking of firsts, we're introducing a new accreditation to our moneyinfo internal processes. This means our team and brand values will be under development to push forward into progression!
This month we will be giving a warm welcome to two new members, and some exciting news and announcements.
This month’s hot topics are listed below. Please click the links to jump straight to the content:
- IA Accelerator Programme
- Training and Support Webinar Requests
- Our two new starters
- Starting our IIP journey
- The AdviserTech Show
IA Accelerator Programme | Back to the top
We were delighted to be selected to take part in the Engine Innovator Programme, part of The Investment Association's (IA) FinTech accelerator and innovation hub for the investment management industry.
The competition was stiffer than ever this year with a shortlist of around 40 fintech/wealthtech firms being whittled down to a cohort of just 5 successful applications; moneyinfo, Maanch, Clausematch, DOOR Ventures Inc., and 2RSquared.
During the six-month programme we will receive a number of opportunities to put our value proposition in front of a broader scope of WealthTech pioneers and leaders in the investment management industry. What does this mean for moneyinfo?
Well, our mission is to service 500,000 end clients with more than 1,000,000 logins per month; being part of the Engine Innovator Programme gives us the extra pace on our journey to reach these key milestones. The IA champions UK investment management, with 250 members who manage over £10 trillion of assets.
The investment management industry supports 114,000 jobs across the UK. We’re looking forward to this opportunity and are excited to see what the opportunity holds for us.
Training and Support Webinar Requests | Back to the top
Are you getting the most out of moneyinfo?
We offer both 1-2-1 and group remote training sessions, provided by our Training Consultant, Katy Hillyerd.
These training sessions are completely bespoke, there is no topic on moneyinfo out of bounds, but as a guideline, we have three main session types you may want to choose from:
- New user session: With a new employee, there isn’t always another person at hand to show them all the features available in moneyinfo. To save you time and resources, Katy can give a full overview especially created for new starters in your organisation.
- Refresher session: You don’t know what you don’t know. Sometimes our new features can be hard to keep up with, which is why we have made refresher sessions a focus on the training we provide to our clients. Even if you’re confident using moneyinfo, it’s always worth having refresher sessions once every now and then to ensure you are getting the most out of moneyinfo.
- General overview: If you’ve just bought a brand new Lamborghini, just because you can drive the car doesn’t mean you know how the air conditioning works. These sessions will breathe fresh air into your software experience and get you up to speed in your productivity and efficiency. If you have a particular question that isn’t on our training webinar recordings, or you’ve never had training before and want a broader understanding to get the most out of your moneyinfo experience, this one’s for you.
We’ve now made it easier than ever to request training webinars:
- Send an email over to firstname.lastname@example.org with a list of topics you’d like to run through
- Visit our requests page here to select your training requirements
Our two new starters | Back to the top
We’re super pleased to be introducing two new members to the moneyinfo team this month, Laura Filby joins us as Client Services Adviser, and Luke Parton joins us as Junior Frontend Engineer.
Laura achieved her degree in Civil and Architectural Engineering, before working in hospitality for over 6 years. She has now switched over to the Financial Technology industry, where she will be helping the moneyinfo team with client queries. In her spare time, Laura enjoys walking dogs and helping out on a farm, despite being allergic to animals, grass and plants!
Luke studied Computer Science before finishing a graduate scheme at DPD in September. He worked as a back end focussed developer and is making the change to front end here at moneyinfo, where he will be using his creativity for project ideas and interface design.
Both members are settling in well, but their first real moneyinfo experience will begin at their first legendary quarterly do…
BOLD, TRUSTED, TOGETHER ... We are moneyinfo !
Starting our IIP journey | Back to the top
We are very pleased to announce that over the next few weeks, we’re undertaking our Investors in People accreditation.
This accreditation will help us to celebrate our company culture and develop a framework that will help us to improve our employer brand, continue to improve our experience at work through greater staff involvement and personal development, and continue to celebrate staff achievements.
The AdviserTech Show | Back to the top
The start of this year saw us move into our new office, including a podcast room dedicated to video production, webinars and online events.
You may be familiar with our new surroundings if you watched our recent Consumer Duty presentation, check it out here if you missed it.
This new room has allowed us to introduce video to the next season of our popular podcast serices, for those listeners who appreciate visuals alongside their listening experience.
What better way to introduce our new moneyinfo podcast room by announcing a second season of podcasts, following from AdviserTech Unplugged?
Our brand new content will be broadcast under the new name of The AdviserTech Show – with all new topics and guests to spark your interest on all things WealthTech and more.
This season we are focusing on the changing technology landscape for advisers and their clients.
We will be discussing intergenerational wealth and how tech can help to smooth the transfer of wealth between generations, how tech can drive efficiencies with reporting and communication processes, and how tech can be used to bring the client more into the planning process.
Speakers for season II include:
- David Fergusson - Seccl
- Matthew Clarke - Old Mill
- Abraham Okusanya - Timeline
- Rob Tedder - Conquest Planning
- Sandra Paul - Prestwood
- Chris Baigent-Reed - Jigsaw Tree
We’re looking forward to releasing these sessions onto all of our content platforms including Apple Podcasts, YouuTube, and you can even request for your Alexa or Google Home to “play the moneyinfo podcast”, stay tuned for more announcements!
As for our previous episodes, you can catch up on anything you missed here, don’t forget the cuppa!